Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hawaii part Three





This is where we met up with Tom's golfing buddies and their wives. We were able to stay in the Hale Koa hotel which is usually just for military folks. (Guess the economic times has opened up the venue there for people with military sponsors) The other three buddies were all retired folks. Two of the couples have been going to Hawaii for weeks-long stays for years so they knew all of the ropes.
It was great to have some girl time. We did fun stuff like shopping and going out to girly lunch. Then we would all get together in the evening and have a wonderful meal. (More on the eating later.) (The girls) we went to see Doris Duke's home . Wooa, you just would have to see it to believe it. Have you ever been to Hurst Castle in California? Well imagine, similar except with all Iranian artwork.....whew! What money can buy. I have ordered the made for t.v. movie of her from the library. I saw it years ago now I need to see it again now that I have seen her real house. She was a little like Howard Hughes it seems.
So hear are some photos of us ladies when we went to the Doris Duke place. They gave us each a flower.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I have a picture on my mom with a yellow hibicus behind her ear. I made a card out of it. Haven't seen that picture in a long while. Hope I find it again. Love what it suggests.