Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Stepping Out of the Box




Well Judy and I did something "out of our box." Instead of being snug home at dark, one night we went to a 7 p.m. lecture at Trinity University! That may not seem like a big deal to some of you but it was to us. Judy was totally excited to see a real published author in the flesh (and a best selling one at that.) But I was excited to see the man who had the experiences that I had read about in Three Cups of Tea. Ever since I worked with refugee students from Afghanistan, Pakistan, the Sudan I have been very interested in learning about their culture. Also reading The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns made me hungry to hear more. if you have not read these books, I strongly suggest you do so. So we got to hear Greg Mortenson, Judy got an autograph in her book, and we were both proud of ourselves for doing something different.

3 comments:

Dijea said...

Boy, you can tell mom was excited in that picture.

Judy said...

Hey! You made me famous. Entry looks great. I did enjoy the evening.

mamamay said...

Wow Margie! I was so excited to see that you got to meet Greg. THREE CUPS OF TEA is one of my all time favorite books. Way up there with To Kill A Mockingbird and others. He's such an inspiring, generous, adventurous soul! I hope to hear him speak some day too.